Sunday, August 21, 2016

I Bet There was Blood Everywhere!

This morning's Sunday School lesson was about the suffering of Job.

On the way home from church, I asked the boys what they learned in Sunday School. The conversation went something like this:

Me: So boys, what did you guys talk about in Sunday School today?

Jackson: We learned about a guy named Job. Lots of bad stuff happened to him.

Levi: Yeah, and a big storm came up and killed all his family 'cept him. And I bet there was blood everywhere!!!

Jackson: And Job got sick and had these sores all over his body.

Levi: Yeah! And blood was just coming out of his skin probly (that's Levi-speak for probably).

Jackson: Levi, hush. So at the end, God told Job, "Do you know how this world works? Nope. I do. So just stop whining and believe in me."

Levi: Yeah, and God probably had blood on his head and stuff, too!!

At this point, I felt like we might be focusing more on blood and gore than Biblical truth, so I stopped the conversation.  But I made a mental note to ask Levi's Sunday School teacher exactly what she taught them in Sunday School.

No comments:

Post a Comment