Saturday, March 30, 2013

Birdisms

Jackson Bird has said a few things lately that I don't want to forget, so I thought I'd post them for memory's sake.

1. He has recently learned the word "everybody." When he prays, he says, "Thank you God for this day, and I just thank you for everybody. Thank you for Momma's body, and Daddy's body, and Wevi's body..."

2. We have been reading a children's book about Easter the last few weeks, and last night he pointed to the picture of Jesus on the front and said, "That's him! His hurties are gone! And he's not hanging on that tree! Not any more!" I think that's a pretty good summation of Easter right there.

3. He has made some progress with potty training, but some days he just seems to lack motivation. One such day last week, he informed me that he had pooped in his pants. That was an understatement. After I cleaned everything up, he disappeared into his room. He emerged a few minutes later with clean clothes and his cowboy hat on, reporting, "Cowboy Jackson is back on duty!" No truer words spoken, kid.


















4. Tonight at the dinner table, Jacin was explaining why he would not allow Jackson to watch the movie The Wizard of Oz. Jacin said, "Buddy, that movie has a mean witch in it, and it's scary. I was even scared of it when I was a little boy." Bird listened and nodded, and then turned to me and asked, "Momma, what were you scared of when you were a little boy?"  Jacin laughed so hard he sprayed his sweet tea out of his mouth and across the table.

2 comments:

  1. He is such a unique little fellow. Even at the ripe old age of "almost 3" he seems to live quite deeply. Oh how I love him ;o) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the words of babes! Though these can be trying times, they are precious. When you day consist of should we go to the park or stay home, that is the simple life!
    I miss y'all so much. I promise to visit when this semester slows down!

    ReplyDelete