Sunday, September 8, 2013

Levi the Leg Leech

If you've been with our family at all over the last 12 months or so, you've observed that Levi is a Momma's Boy. And that's an understatement. The boy loves his Momma. If I'm in the room, he's not interested in being with anyone else. He loves snuggling with Momma. And after he wakes up from a nap in the afternoons, he expects me to either hold him while I do my housework or sit down and play with him on the floor. Either way, he wants 100% my undivided attention. Many evenings, you'll find me trying to fix dinner in the kitchen, stumbling along with Levi the Leech attached to my leg.


















The other adult in the house (I won't name names) is oh so helpful at times like these. He says things like, "Good grief! All that baby does is cry!" or "Gosh Almighty. I can't even think straight with all that crying!" or my favorite.... "Well, get him, Baby! He just wants you!" As if I needed these things pointed out to me.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love my little Leech Momma's Boy.  Most of the time, he's happy and content. And if his big brother is around to give him attention and play with him, he can be distracted away from me. But during Arsenic Hour (the term we use for the time period between awakening from nap and eating dinner), no one else but Momma will satisfy. And while I appreciate this passionate display of love, it would really be dreamy to fix dinner without a leech firmly fixed to my leg. Just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. That boy does love his Momma, which is not all bad - just inconvenient at times. Enjoy it, soon he will be headed out the door with car keys in his hand ;o)

    ReplyDelete