Sunday, August 22, 2010

Starting Out

I really enjoy reading blogs. Sitting in front of the computer at night is my "me-time." I love reading about other people's daily lives and gaining wisdom from their experiences and insight. I've thought about blogging myself for a while, but bristled at the idea of baring my inner thoughts to the world online. I've finally decided that the relaxation and enjoyment blogging might bring outweighs the risk. I'm not sure anyone will actually read this, but I'm looking forward to the opportunity to journal about the daily lives of the Burns' family.
By the way, the name of the blog comes from my husband, Jacin. One of his favorite things to do is to sing popular songs and change the lyrics as he goes. The subjects that frequently come up in his nonsense songs are squirrels and chickens. Jacin has even started calling our son Jackson "squirrely" when he's wild and "little chicken" when he's hungry. It may seem strange, but squirrels and chickens are often discussed in our household, with lots of smiles and laughter. Hope you too have squirrely days and chicken nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment