Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What I'm Thinking Wednesday

So here are some random thoughts on this Wednesday night...

1. Will Jackson ever think it's cool to pee in the potty??? I am dreading have 2 in diapers, but Bird is definitely not interested in potty training right now. It's hard to know whether to push the issue or wait it out...

2. There are several things I took for granted before being pregnant. 2 of the main ones are having bowels that actually move without help (think daily fiber supplements) and a bladder that isn't crushed (imagine feeling like you have to pee every 3 minutes).

3. Bird is learning so much at swim lessons, but he screams and cries for me to come get him for the entire 30 minutes. It breaks my heart. Despite the drama, though, he can now hold his breath and dive down to the 3rd pool step to pick up rings, and jump in without holding my hands, go under, resurface, and grab the side wall. Good work, Bird!

4. Apple Berry Salsa is YUMMY! I first had this amazing dish at our Pampered Chef Team Meeting Monday night. I then came home and made it for us the next night. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't come out, so here's the recipe. It's so refreshing! I served it with Cinnamon-Sugar Pita Chips.


2 medium Granny Smith apples
1 cup strawberries
1 kiwi
1 small orange
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple jelly

Wedge the apple using the Apple Wedger.  Cut the apples pieces in half and chop with the Manual Food Processor.  Add the strawberries and kiwi to the Food Processor and pump the handle until chopped.  Zest the orange using the Microplane® Zester.  Juice the orange using the Citrus Press.  Add the orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to the fruit mixture.  Mix gently using the Classic Scraper.  Serve with the Cinnamon Chips.

 5. We only paid $8 for this kiddie pool (and that was last summer!), and as far as I'm concerned, it was a STEAL! Worth every penny! Bird loves going on there to play on warm afternoons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment