Monday, November 8, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase lettersOne of my favorite blogs, lowercase letters by Carissa Graham, has weekly Miscellany Mondays with random thoughts and comments. I like the idea, so here it goes...


Fall is great. I love the cool weather, having fires in the fireplace, and drinking cider or hot chocolate. I also love the feeling of anticipation it brings as we look towards Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is by far my favorite time of year.

I shopped at Publix for the first time this weekend. Yes, it's true that I had to drive 30 minutes to Cartersville, but it was completely worth it. I was able to buy almost double what I normally buy at WalMart each week for the same amount of money. Plus, I'm slowly learning how to combine coupons with sales. I saved $57 Saturday at Publix and $47 today at CVS. Now I just need an extra pantry and freezer.

Sometimes love isn't a feeling as much as it is a decision. There are times when you may not feel love for a person, but you've decided to love them; made a commitment to love no matter what. It's through those times that you often get to see God do His best work, changing you and your loved one to be more like Him.

Over the past 20 months, I've learned that pregnancy and giving birth can wack-out a woman's body - PERMANENTLY. The larger butt and hips, the nice soft band of fat around the waist, the persistent memory loss... and... wait, what else was I going to say? Oh yeah. The hot flashes, the mood swings, the appetite changes, and the totally unpredictable periods. Good grief. BUT - look what I got out of the deal! Yep, he's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment