Sunday, August 19, 2012

Daddy's Week of "Vacation"

Have I ever mentioned that I have the best hubby in the world? Jacin took a week of vacation to be at home this past week. It was WONDERFUL to have him home to just be with us and to help out (but I know he needs a week back to work to recover from this so-called vacation!).

Daddy time consisted of...

Lots of cuddle time!
Jacin got up at 6am each morning this week to feed Levi, and then took both boys to cuddle on the couch so I could sleep in a bit.
















A trip to the playground!
 Daddy took us to the playground one morning, and he and Bird tried every slide there while I walked with Levi in the stroller.
















Lunch Out!
Great Gran had given us a little splurge money, so we went to a new spot to grab lunch - Calhoun Hot Dog House! Bird, of course, was in heaven!














Silliness!
Jacin & Bird played for hours! One day Bird wanted to wear the colander as a football helmet. Daddy rigged up a strap to help it stay on.















In addition to all of that, helping potty train Bird was Daddy's #1 priority this week, and it's been a lot of work. The first few days, Bird did beautifully. As the week has progressed, Bird has lost interest and doesn't like stopping in the middle of play to potty. The accidents have increased and the attitude has gone downhill. I've spent lots of time praying for us and for Bird and claiming Jeremiah 32:17 - "Lord, you created the heavens and earth by your power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you!" We're relying on the Lord and hoping persistence will pay off.

Jacin -
You are the best Daddy and Husband in the world. I so appreciate you taking a week off of work to work here at home. I know it hasn't been much of a vacation for you, but I have loved having you home with us. You are so patient with our boys and so thoughtful towards me. All the time and energy you spent taking care of things this week to give me a break... my love tank is FULL to overflowing! Thanks, Babe. I love you lots and lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment