Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Welcome Levi Aiken!

It's official. I am now a big fan of the modern day Cesarean-Section. With Jackson, I had a C-Section, but only after being induced and unsuccessfully pushing for several hours. With Levi, we just skipped the hard part and scheduled a C-Section. I showed up at Floyd Medical Center at 7:30am Thursday morning, July 26th, went into surgery 30 minutes earlier than planned (when does THAT ever happen?!), and 63 minutes later we welcomed Levi Aiken Burns!














Now I won't lie - I do NOT enjoy the whole surgery scene. The anesthesia (an epidural with Bird and a spinal block with Levi) makes me feel like I'm going to pass out, the pain in considerable after surgery, and the recovery takes a while. BUT it sure is nice to schedule the arrival of your baby. It takes all the guess-work out! And Levi arrived with much less head trama than poor Jackson, which is a BIG plus!

So here is the little ChubAChub... Levi Aiken! Born at 10:03 on July 26th, weighing in at 8 pounds, 9 ounces and measuring 20 inches. Within the first 2 hours of his first breath, he downed a 2-ounce bottle, and he hasn't stopped eating since!














Just to be on the safe side, Jacin, Levi, and I stayed in the hospital for several days. While there, Jackson had a great time hanging out with Meme & Rayray, "Uncle Laney" and Granny & Pawpaw.














We finally came home from Floyd on Sunday, July 29th. I must say that the sleep I got while in the hospital was the BEST sleep I had gotten in 9 months. I'm thankful I had that time to recover. And Jacin seemed to enjoy the down-time, too.




























Welcome little Levi! We love you and are blessed to be your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment