Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Great Workout

In an effort to be healthier, I've been trying to exercise more. I'm a few months into a "Couch to 5K" program (and yes, it's only supposed to take 6 weeks. I'm 3 months into it. I do each week's workout for several weeks. I'm a slow learner. Give me a break.).

Running is definitely not my thing. In fact, I really prefer not to do it at all unless someone scary is chasing me. I would much rather walk. And this leads me to share with you one of my workout secrets. Want a GREAT workout? Here's the answer (and no, you won't find this in any fitness magazine or on pinterest, so pay attention): power-walk the path at the park while pushing 56 pounds in front of you. You may feel (and look) a bit odd, like you're training for some strange Olympic event, but trust me - this really works up the sweat and burns the calories!

Here's a pic of the 56 pounds I push while walking:


















It may look like a simple double stroller, but I assure you that it's much more. This product comes equipped with all the bells and whistles. Here are the detailed specs for this model:

The front 21 pounds includes 10 cute baby toes that hang over the side of the unit while in motion; 10 chubby yet sweet fingers that beat on the front bar and wave at passers-by, and one loud little mouth that squeals delightfully at various, unexpected times. 
 

















The rear 35 pounds of this model includes one hat and pair of sunglasses (no matter the weather), 2 dangling feet that randomly rest on the unit's wheeles (significantly increasing the push power needed), a set of 2 blue eyes that see E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G., and one mouth that constantly issues random topics of conversation and endless questions throughout the entire workout period.


















It really is the best workout ever. As a satisfied customer, I can guarantee that by the end of your workout, you'll be covered in sweat and exhausted (not just physically). But, if you're considering purchasing a model similar to this one, I must share this one caution:
WARNING: The rear 35 pounds of this unit does NOT have an off switch, volume toggle, or mute button. Anyone wanting a quiet period of exercise should NOT use this product.


1 comment:

  1. I can confirm that pushing a stroller with kiddos is indeed a workout. For more of a burn, find a hill or two like in my neighborhood. Hope you are out before it heats up!

    ReplyDelete