Monday, July 23, 2012

A Hodgepodge of DIY Projects

Because I don't have time to post every day or separate my posts by topic, here's a hodgepodge of our latest DIY projects to share...

1. Homemade Imitation Frappuccino
I got the recipe off Pinterest and made some this morning. I CAN'T WAIT to have some more tomorrow am!
10 cups strong coffee, brewed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup French Vanilla creamer
Mix together! YUM!


















2. Finishing up Levi's Room
Since Jackson's all moved into his new room (the old guest room), we've been able to reorganize Jackson's old room into Levi's new room! Whew! Was that confusing? It's been a pretty easy process since we're leaving most of the decor the same. Mom did such a good job sewing stuff for Jackson's nursery that I just had to use it again for Levi. So really all we had to do was get out all the baby parafernalia. AND we added some new wall decor for Levi.













 















I made the LEVI sign with burlap, scraps of material, twine, and hot glue. Mom made the animal prints - they match the quilt she made that hangs on the opposite wall. I'm very happy with the outcome.

3. Message Boards
In our kitchen we have a dry erase board where I keep my weekday menus, ongoing grocery lists, phone messages, and special reminders. It's in plain view and is pretty hard to miss. Jacin and I wanted to start writing a Bible verse there for each week, but there just wasn't room! My solution? Create a dry erase board out of an old frame and scrapbook paper.



















We hung our new board under the existing message board in our kitchen so it's easy to see. We've enjoyed it so far - and this week we're all working on memorizing Psalm 9:10. I also made another dry erase board for Bird's room, and he loves it! Jacin writes him notes on it at night, and Bird wakes up each morning asking "What's that say, Mommy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment