Thursday, October 28, 2010

The God Who Sees

Tonight, I'm reminded of Hagar, the woman in the Bible who had Abraham's son and was then kicked out. She and her son left with nowhere to go. In the middle of the desert, she cried out to God, calling Him "the God Who Sees." Even though everyone else had forsaken her, God still saw her and proved faithful.

I just talked to a dear friend for the 1st time in about 5 years. I have missed her SO MUCH! We spent time together when I was in the ministry at Calvary, and then she and her family moved. Thanks to facebook, we were able to reconnect, exchange phone numbers, and catch up. Though I haven't seen her or her family in a few years, I knew they were going through some difficult things. I wasn't able to get in touch with her through email or phone, so I prayed. At the time, I wondered if I would ever get back in touch with them again, yet they were still heavy on my heart. I prayed and prayed for them. Tonight, I got to hear how God answered my prayers. They have gone through some extremely trying things, but they have come out on the other side praising God.

I'm so thankful that we serve the God Who Sees. Even when we are separated from loved ones or helpless in times of difficulty, God Sees. He never turns away, never gets distracted, never sleeps. Praise the God Who Sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment