Saturday, October 2, 2010

Never Again...

Friday, I thought through our weekend and realized we had A LOT to do on Saturday. I had to clean the house, do laundry, pack Jackson's overnight bag, and leave for an out-of-town wedding by 1pm. I usually go to WalMart on Saturdays, but due to the business of the upcoming day, I decided to go Friday night. NEVER AGAIN. Half the items on my list were out of stock. The place was even busier than normal, which I didn't think was possible. My toes were stepped on, a box of cereal was dropped on my head, and my buggy was rammed more times than I can count. I waited in line for at least 20 minutes (not sure quite how long it actually was - I fell asleep). Apparently, WalMart is the place to hang out on Friday nights in Calhoun (kinda like Ingles in BlueRidge). Geez. Now I know to stick to my Saturday morning trip time. So, now that all the groceries are bought and I've (barely) survived another WalMart trip, here's my menu for this week:

SUNDAY: Homemade Pizzas (Canadian Bacon/Pineapple for me; Pepperoni for Jacin)
MONDAY: Grilled Chicken Strip Salads
TUESDAY: Steaks, Sweet Potatoes, and veggies
WEDNESDAY: Soup & Grilled Cheese
THURSDAY: Chicken Pot Pie (trying something new!)
FRIDAY - MONDAY: At the lake!!! Who knows what we'll eat! Definitely some apples and fried pies.

What are YOU having this week?

2 comments:

  1. Since everyone is out of town...it's just me & Aaron. I'm making Chili on Monday. We may go out on Tuesday with coupons, of course. Wednesday is BBQ from Sam's; Thursday is chicken enchilada and Alyssa's BCC group is coming for dinner. Friday...is game night, so that is up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not made my grocery run this week. Will probably go tomorrow morning--EARLY. Terry has requested "homemade" pinto beans & cornbread one night, which means we do the whole soaking of the dried beans and cook them all day thing....good thing I am off. I thought about doing it tomorrow, but the bacon that we had in the fridge was starting to look like a science experiment, so it may have to wait until Tuesday. You can't cook good pintos without some good fat in them. :-)

    ReplyDelete