Saturday, November 10, 2012

Our Thankful Tree

Each morning, after I get everyone settled,  I sit down and eat breakfast while I read my Bible. For the last 2 weeks, Bird has been bringing his little Bible to the table and sitting down with me. It's rare for him to sit still for more than a few seconds, so I've been trying to take advantage of this time with him. I've been reading him verses about being thankful, and Thursday I asked him, "What should we thank God for?" Bird replied with quite a long list of the people and things he wanted to thank God for. This made me want to make some sort of visual reminder of all God's blessings. After searching Pinterest for some ideas, I decided to make a Thankful Tree.

Bird and I gathered branches and acorns outside and then traced and cut out paper leaves. When Jacin got home we sat down at the table, read some verses on thankfulness, and let Bird tell us what he was thankful for. As he listed things, I wrote them down on leaves and he hung them on our thankful tree. We wrapped it all up by praying and thanking God for His many blessings. It was a fun and special activity, and Bird loves seeing our Thankful Tree displayed in the kitchen.




Thank you, God, for your many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment