Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful

It's the beginning of November, and that means the beginning of the Thanksgiving season! What a great time to stop and take stock of all the many blessings God has given us.

I have SO MANY people and things to be thankful for, but just to name a few...

My Hubby













Yesterday, Jacin celebrated his 33rd birthday. I am so thankful for him and the husband and father he is to our family. It never ceases to amaze me how patient and loving he is, even when I'm crabby and frustrated. He works hard every day, and then comes home from work ready to play with the boys. Love him so much!

My Jackson Bird










My little Bird has turned into such a funny little man! He loves preschool and enjoys singing the songs he learns there (like "Winky Winky Star," AKA "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"). Tractors and trucks are favorites, and he can often be found sitting in front of the window in his room playing with his blocks or tools. He likes to take things apart and "fix" them. For example, I was in the shower the other day when Bird busted in the bathroom, dropped an AC floor vent into the shower, and announced, "I fixed it, Momma! Yay for Jackson!" Potty training is still an adventure in progress, and is always a topic of our nightly prayers. Hot dogs and chicken nuggets are still the go-to lunch staples, but Bird will also gladly eat apples or grapes for snack and "Greenies" for dessert (which are frozen green peas - shhh! Don't tell!).  I pray that God uses my little bundle of energy Bird in big ways for his Kingdom.

My Little Levi Bug












This little guy has a smile that just takes over his entire face. When Jacin or I talk to him, he absolutely lights up! We call him Bug because he is such a snuggle bug! Despite his stomach issues and his fondness for middle-of-the-night snacks, Bug is a very happy and content baby. He is very strong and can already hold his neck up and sit up for minutes at a time in his Boppy chair. For entertainment, Levi enjoys watching his big brother play. My little Bug has just stolen my heart, and I cant' wait to see he and Bird become close friends & playmates. Even though he's only 3 months old, it seems like he has a sweet, laid-back disposition, and I pray that God draws Levi's heart close to His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment